Monday, July 26, 2010

NOVA SCOTIA OR BUST - 13 Day Road Trip from Toronto

Back in January of this year, we started planning a road trip to Nova Scotia. The reason for this trip was to attend a memorial for my husbands favorite Aunt, Marion and the burial of her ashes mingled together with the ashes of her husband Bud who passed away in 2002. I had only met Marion once, but from that one meeting, I knew she was a special woman. Marion passed on in December of 2009, six months after her sister Ruth, who was my husbands mother. Three of Marions children attended the memorial we had for Ruth and it was not a short jaunt for them. They flew or drove from Nova Scotia, Alberta, and Maryland to attend so we knew we should reciprocate and show support for them and mostly because Marion was a special woman.

This trip was special for my husband because he did this same road trip with his parents and 3 of his siblings back in 1964 and hasn't been back since. They had the typical Griswold Vacation in a 1961 Ford Ranch Station Wagon towing a Rambler trailer.

This trip was special for me as I have never been to Nova Scotia and wanted to see this special place where Ruth grew up and I had heard so much about it.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you were pulling the Rambler! Any inside pics? I can't wait to read about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I read that today, and thought I had it worded wrong. We took the Crapalier, John went in the Rambler with his family when he was a kid.

    ReplyDelete