Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 12 - Edmundston, New Brunswick to Cornwall, Ontario - July 24, 2010

We checked out of the Quality Inn in Edmundston, NB at 9:38 a.m. and on the road again. Once we crossed over the border into Quebec, with the time change it became 8:46 a.m. We stopped for gas in Riviere du Loup. This was going to be strange, as I hoped I didn't have to talk to anyone in my poor French. John was pumping gas so I decided to go look around and use the bathroom. Didn't see any woman's pictures on the door, and there were men in line, so I luckily assumed it was unisex. Escaped out of there without having to speak to anyone and buying some very cheap Coors Lite to take home and the best curds I ever had! They were moist and squeeky. Luckily the young girl at the cash register was bi-lingual.

We were back on Highway 20, or the Trans-Canada Highway heading to Montreal.

The strange mountains appear again in the landscape.


The next two photos are of something beautiful that I noticed 11 days ago on our way to Nova Scotia and I didn't want to miss it. It was some neat waterfall with a pedestrian suspension bridge in front of it. Once home I looked it up and found it is the Chutes de la Chaudiere park.


We arrived at the Cornwall, Ontario Comfort Inn at 3:38 p.m. Glad to be out of Quebec, well at least Montreal. That was the worst part of the entire trip. At the start of the trip it was a traffic jam for two hours, and on the return trip there was no traffic jam, but I had wished there was because of the way people drive there. We were going the speed limit and looking for our turn off, others were going either below the speed limit or way over it and cutting you off left and right! One such speeder cut us off and was yelling at us in French! I guess the finger I gave him back is a universal language. LOL

This was by far the nicest laid out room of our trip and the first real Jacuzzi room for our last night of this glorious trip. Again I reserved the room with our Canadian Tire Roadside assistance plan and got a $199. room for only $160.

This was the bridal suite, and it was two full size rooms(adjoining rooms) made into one, with glass doors in between to separate the living area, from the bedroom/Jacuzzi area.


Each side even had its own full bathroom, which was fantastic! His & Hers bathrooms:-) The only problem I had was that the housekeeping service must have forgotten to clean the floors in the bathrooms as both of them were filled with HAIR. YUK. I wasn't in the mood to complain and have to deal with housekeeping coming to the room, so I cleaned it up myself, but did tell them about it the next morning. Odd that I barely got an apology, and never did receive the follow up survey from the hotel chain like I usually do. The tub, toilet and sinks were clean, it was just the floors, which is usually the last thing they do when cleaning.

The other room had its own phone, TV, dining table, sink, microwave and fridge.

Ended the evening with St. Hubert delivery for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment