Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 13 - Cornwall, Ontario to home - How sad! - July 25, 2010

Well the trip has come to a full circle. The first day lunch at St. Hubert Rotisserie in Cornwall, Ontario and the last night delivery from St. Hubert Rotisserie in Cornwall to our hotel room. John did find the delivery food better, but he still insists that its not the taste he remembers:-(
As much as I found it a bit different, I sill like my Swiss Chalet.

And what is a vacation (or holiday as they call it in Canada) without some momentos of the trip. The large lighthouse lamp we had already, but at the Train Station in Tatamagouche I got a shot glass mug, a pretty white owl and the yellow peep, that actually peeps, for an Easter decoration. The small lighthouse and the lobster trap were from Digby, and the Christmas Church was purchased in Tatamagouche.

Oh and I can't forget below, Johns souvineer. The woodpecker that pecks his way down the pole when you move him to the top. Boys and their toys:-)

When we planned this trip, we thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip, that we would never go there again. Now after visiting Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, we most certainly want to go back, well especially to Nova Scotia. There was still so much we didn't get to see. In fact we love it so much, we could even live there.

Google maps worked out great. I tried to get a trip pack from Crappy Tire Roadside assistance plan, and it verified the fact on why we call them Crappy Tire. The first one they sent me arrived in all French. The second one, they could not route the way we had planned to go. In fact they had pages with routes that eneded up nowhere. But it did save me a lot on hotel rates at Choice Hotels. I would say I saved over $100, on the best rates you can get on the internet from the Crappy Tire Plan.

The little $300. Crapalier did a good job for us. It knew when we were home, and as soon as we took our exit on the 401, she started sputtering. Nothing a new set of plugs and wires would fix!

Things we would do different for next time would be to drive through New York, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine and avoid Quebec entirely. Half of the fun of a vacation is the planning and anticipation. I loved the planning, but I didn't have too much anticipation, next time I will, in fact I'm already anticipating a next trip to the Maritimes! Until next time!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment